
We've had cold weather, lots of ice, and it turns out a poorly insulated/ventilated roof in this home we're renting. So we had snow melting on our roof while the weather is in the teens, and the gutters are filled and frozen, large beautiful icicles hang throughout the eaves, and especially corners of the gutters thus we have ice damming. The water backed up and started coming into the house where it couldn't drain off the roof. We had water coming inside through recessed lights and wood molding in our kitchen and garage. Thankfully none came onto furniture. Oh what a mess, and how very relieved and grateful we were to help our owner handle it, and be the "renters". Nothing worse for my sweetheart than water pouring in through his own house! Another providential moment, he came home early from call as water was dripping in and I was trying to find professional help and reach the owner, while watching kids, making dinner, etc. I don't call him on call, especially with bad news. So when he came home, I nearly leapt into his arms with relief. Luckily this only lasted a couple days, and Robert the contracter (we call him "Bob the Builder") fixed it. Johnny was thrilled to shake hands with Bob! I think Bob had fun making his day too.
No comments:
Post a Comment