We love the Lord and our dear children so much! We strive to give them a childhood filled with His love and grace.
Mother Theresa
Sunday, January 11, 2009
You said what?
The past few days have left me laughing at all the streams of funny conversation going on. I wish I could remember it all, but there's just too much. I managed to remember a few from the past two days.
Joseph:
-(After praying grace) Mom your latin was very good tonight, you remembered correct pronunciation. (He doesn't realize how recently I was teaching him latin, along with Dad)
-Mom, I'm getting tired of Dad's doctor job, that's the only job he's had for years now. I think it's time for a new one... Wouldn't it be great if we could own a bakery?
-(After reading Dulaire's Greek Myth's) Mom, I am having contests with the Gods. Zeus and I are battling with thunderbolts, I am dueling swords tomorrow at high noon with Aries, which is hard because we are immortal, it's hard to pick a winner. Then we'll be seeing who can create the most flowers with Persephone, Demeter's daughter, she walks and everywhere she steps makes a flower, but I can make one flower a second as well to keep up... (I reply: "What is your name my little god?") I am Joseph, Joseph the god. I am a lot like Zeus. You are Aphrodite. You can battle with my fiance Eos, to see who can sing the best. Oh, I would marry you but you are already taken.
Johnny:
Johnny God! Joseph God! Johnny big!
(Can we fix it?) Yes I can, Johnny can!
Watch it, donut, watch it man. (The Donut Man DVD)
Watch reindeer (Bambi). Read ten toll soders (tall soldiers).
Boots on, go up, selling (sledding). Look Mom, Johnny did boots.
Big truck, loud truck, love garbage truck. Johnny drive it. Watch Mom!
Leesie: (Now has suddenly begun stuttering, repeating first words when excited since last Sunday)
I I I I I I want to go to zoo lights!!!!
Leesie, Leesie, Leesie do it! Leesie dress! Leesie pour. Leesie do it! No help me.
Mom, Mom, Mom hold me, sing please! (Whispers) Mockingbird, Rock a baby, Mary Had Little Lamb, and Frosty.
Bill: I feel like an Old Testament figure. My bones are heavy.
(After "working" in bed with the laptop for hours during a post-call day, I peeked in on him, and gave him the look.)
What? I worked hard today, nonclinical stuff, man's gotta do. (I must remind myself he only looked terribly comfortable, and the game of chess was just for a "break". He works incredibly hard in his profession, but I have to tease him when I can.)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment