This past few weeks have reminded me how very precious time is. Time with those we love, time with God, time to be here alive is so very fleeting. I was reading the Pope's message on Dec. 30 and he really summarized it well.
God gives us his time. We always have little time. Especially in regard to the Lord, we do not know how to find him, or, sometimes, we do not want to find him. And yet God has time for us!
"This is the first thing that the beginning of a liturgical year makes us rediscover with an ever new wonder. Yes: God gives us his time, because he has entered into history, with his Word and his works of salvation, to open it to eternity, to make it into a covenant history."
The Holy Father said that in this perspective, time itself is already "a basic sign of God's love."
"It is a gift that man can, like everything else, appreciate or, on the contrary, squander; he can grasp its meaning, or neglect it with obtuse superficiality," he noted.
I am grateful today for the gift of time. I am most especially grateful for time with my parents. For even when we are miles apart, we communicate often and share our lives and support one another. This gift I shall never again take for granted.
We love the Lord and our dear children so much! We strive to give them a childhood filled with His love and grace.
Mother Theresa
Tuesday, December 2, 2008
Time is a gift
This past few weeks have reminded me how very precious time is. Time with those we love, time with God, time to be here alive is so very fleeting. I was reading the Pope's message on Dec. 30 and he really summarized it well.
God gives us his time. We always have little time. Especially in regard to the Lord, we do not know how to find him, or, sometimes, we do not want to find him. And yet God has time for us!
"This is the first thing that the beginning of a liturgical year makes us rediscover with an ever new wonder. Yes: God gives us his time, because he has entered into history, with his Word and his works of salvation, to open it to eternity, to make it into a covenant history."
The Holy Father said that in this perspective, time itself is already "a basic sign of God's love."
"It is a gift that man can, like everything else, appreciate or, on the contrary, squander; he can grasp its meaning, or neglect it with obtuse superficiality," he noted.
I am grateful today for the gift of time. I am most especially grateful for time with my parents. For even when we are miles apart, we communicate often and share our lives and support one another. This gift I shall never again take for granted.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment