We love the Lord and our dear children so much! We strive to give them a childhood filled with His love and grace.
"God has not called me to be successful; he has called me to be faithful. "
Mother Theresa
Saturday, September 27, 2008
We love books
I am so very pleased that our children love books. We read to them at least an hour a day (often in short moments throughout the day) since they were a few months old. Joseph has loved books his whole life, but I wasn't sure if he was an exception. Thankfully both Johnny and Annelise have taken to "reading" their little books throughout the day. They started by speaking little cute babble and now it's naming pictures and little sentences to go along with each book. I know a big reason they do this is because they don't watch much in the way of TV/DVDs. We have chosen to be very book friendly, books are out on display and available in every room. We love to go to the library and stock up a huge basket full, and on top of that, their hero big brother loves to read, and they see him reading often. They imitate him by curling up in his favorite spots just the way he does and it's so cute! It's been a front-loaded effort, like most of parenting, but I am amazed that they are already discovering so many moments of imagination and wonder in the world of books.
No comments:
Post a Comment