We love the Lord and our dear children so much! We strive to give them a childhood filled with His love and grace.


"God has not called me to be successful; he has called me to be faithful. "
Mother Theresa

Saturday, September 26, 2009

One small stone can take a big guy down

Bill went down at work with a kidney stone on Thursday this week. After an afternoon and night at the E.R. he has his little, tiny souvenir from the journey. It's absolutely amazing how something so small can be so painful. Now he's recovered and I'm amazed at how after a lifetime of good health he has had to go to the E.R. twice in one month. I guess the bonus for having the pain at work in the O.R. is it was a short trip to the E.R. It's great to work with wonderful people who take care of their own. We are really thankful for one dear friend and colleague who took care of him, and one kind secretary who pushed the big guy farther than she probably should have in a wheelchair. So it's great that's behind us. and now Bill's back on call and we're off to Joseph's soccer game (if this rain ever stops). Tonight my friend and I are going to mass (sans kids) to celebrate the end of our Church's debt. They're serving cocktails afterward too. :) I am looking forward to real undistracted prayer. Refueling for the journey.

1 comment:

Christine said...

I am so happy to hear that Bill is better. I also enjoyed the photos from Johnny's birthday party. I hope you had a wonderful night out.