
Well, we had a big storm, big winds, big rain, and lightning, yesterday afternoon. I made a mad dash through pouring rain from the store to the car. The wee ones had raincoats with hoods, but not Mom. They were laughing as I buckled them in, saying "Mommy all wet, Mommy took a shower!" The wind intensified all evening and as we were reading and trying to fall asleep we heard some really loud thuds. I was concerned a tree would fall on us, but fell asleep anyhow. We awoke to find this. Two major evergreen trees down on the edge of our property and three in the neighbor's yard. Onehuge tree fell from the edge of their fence across the road, blocking the street, and damaging the yard. Thank God no one was driving past when it fell. The city came and cut it just enough to clear the roadway. We are grateful the houses aren't damaged and especially that no one was hurt. We also found shingles from the roof, and tons of debris. Somehow the tall dead tree that seemed the most likely to fall, the one the neighbor owns, decided not to fall on our house. It happens to reside just outside of where the piano is, and we are very grateful. We called the neighbor in Florida and broke the news about her yard to her. Then the kids and I pretended to be surveyors and inspected our properties thoroughly this morning. The trees look so big next to the children. They have existed for so long. It is strange to see the fallen trees adjacent to the small children, I think of the past and the future when I see them both. ( I think I need more sleep). I love the weather now that it's warmer and we can play outside again. Spring can't come soon enough!
No comments:
Post a Comment