We love the Lord and our dear children so much! We strive to give them a childhood filled with His love and grace.


"God has not called me to be successful; he has called me to be faithful. "
Mother Theresa

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Baby bump at 34 weeks


Well we are now less than six weeks from due date. All of us! It seems the kids enjoy taking turns being pregnant, and it's not unusual for Annelise to announce it's time for a "delivery" and appear with her baby doll. For the Fourth of July, my sister Anna was visiting, (such a gift) and liked when I said my friend had mentioned "I look like swallowed a watermelon whole." She agreed and said, "Hey lets get a picture" before we cut up our watermelon to eat. It is funny to see all the different ways us pregnant women carry babies, and even to see how four year olds pretend to carry babies. For me it's always all out front. I don't appear pregnant from the back, but I am quite sure I more than make up for it in the front. Well yielding one's body to give life to another is a privilege, a gift like none other, but not without it's moments of sacrifice. We're starting to run out of room, this little one an I. The fun kicks of the third trimester are something the kids really do enjoy. The reality that this person is coming out soon is becoming more apparent every day, especially to Mom. Meanwhile the tummy just keeps growing....bigger.

3 comments:

Christine said...

Oh Shelly, it is great to see the photos of you and your baby belly! You and baby continue to be in my prayers. Only six more weeks...

Unknown said...

so so excited for you! thanks for the update!

Anonymous said...

The Kids are getting big. Your in my prayers. Hope that the delivery goes well.
God Bless
Mikayla