For January, our little family has had more days with fevers than without. Bummer! First came the walking pneumonia, which gave Joseph a fever for 11 days. Straight through Christmas, poor guy. Then after a short break in came "flu A" which worked it's 104+ degree way through three kids, lasting 3-5 days in the little ones. Big boy got it less thankfully. Now two have a cold, which morphed into ear infections and a few more days of high fevers. Can't wait to be done with fevers and back to ordinary days! We've seen our pediatrician and pharmacy more this month than the whole year combined including well checks. We've had compresses and the little "bell" alternating from nightstand to nightstand so Mom can comfort each one in the night. So here's hoping tomorrow brings some kids on the mend. Maybe we can even skip the almost well, grumpy day that's sandwiched in between sick and well days. :) Okay, probably not. It's been homemade chicken soup, lots of fluids, and extra books. It's been good to remember how blessed we are to have healthy kids overall.
We watched a few movies and a lot of cartoons (a novelty for us) this past month on sick days and the kids declared they were tired of them. That's a bonus that they would rather be read to. I must say that's thanks to a terrific library. (Except Mom gets less laundry done.) Stories curled up all cozy and being quietly present will hopefully bring them a comforting memory someday, since I can still remember fondly my family's kindness toward me when I was sick. I sure hope I was as sweet to them as my little uncomplaining daughter has been to me. Probably, well most undoubtably not... sorry Mom! You're never totally grateful for what you've been given until you become a parent.
No comments:
Post a Comment