We love the Lord and our dear children so much! We strive to give them a childhood filled with His love and grace.


"God has not called me to be successful; he has called me to be faithful. "
Mother Theresa

Saturday, February 27, 2010

Catholic Women's Conference

I was so inspired by the Catholic Women's Conference I attended today. It was just so good for the heart, good for the soul to be reminded how to live better, to be encouraged in how to be better, and be inspired to want to give more of myself to God and to my family. It was a time to laugh, to cry and to ponder what is most important. I felt inspired and convicted and renewed to try again and not be dismayed. To move on from the losses and look beyond the moment. It was good it came during lent, this time when it is easy to feel weak and small and weary. The wonderful speakers reminded us of God's goodness, His love and His mercy as the source of life and joy to the heart. When a Mother's heart is full, the family feels this love, by her presence, her joy, and her being. Her words will show her heart, and form their minds in goodness, sharing the heart of God. The privilege of being a woman, is a gift I needed to be reminded of. Before the conference I wanted to tell people I "worked in the service industry" because that's how I was feeling: just empty and tired from the journey. Now I feel I am blessed give of myself to my family, and I want to love and form and enjoy them, and not count the cost or regret the spent body. I am reminded pouring out oneself for others is a gift and a privilege, something to cherish not bemoan. Colleen Kelly Mast gave a wonderful talk where she gave the prescription for a Heart Healthy Spiritual Life:
Pray Intimately
Work Diligently
Suffer Courageously
Love Generously
She expounded on this with humor and clarity and it was very beautiful. I am so thankful for the women who live this way, for the fruit of their lives is such a gift to me and the other Moms I know. The gift of a lived example along with the beautiful teaching is so very inspiring and will last far beyond this day.

No comments: