We love the Lord and our dear children so much! We strive to give them a childhood filled with His love and grace.


"God has not called me to be successful; he has called me to be faithful. "
Mother Theresa

Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Christmas Pictures

Today was the day for Christmas pictures. Although I have a good camera, I still thought I needed a little help getting three children to smile with proper lighting so I booked an appointment at the inexpensive portrait studio that caters to kids. I really like getting the pictures when they are small, while the cheeks are still chubby and the dimples so adorable. I find this a bit of an ordeal so I try to set out clothes and try to be ready the night before. I wasn't ready with all the details this morning, and I didn't have any help from TIffany to fall back on, sigh. But I met the challenge, I arose, showered, dressed, hemmed Johnny's pants, ironed two outfits, bathed and dressed two toddlers, dressed one doll, dried and fluffed one girl's hair (very cold outside)) and arrived for a picture appointment with three well groomed children before 10 am. The little kids had pretzels and juicy water in the car for breakfast (rather that hot oatmeal or homemade granola). But they matched, and every detail accounted for except one black bow. Somehow I added to this by overeagerly deciding to curl her doll's hair so it would match hers, resulting in melting the ends and the hair, and adding one quick doll haircut to the morning routine (trying to hide the evidence). Then the doll never even made it to the picture! We had a pretty good experience with the studio, although the photographer gal just rushed us through and didn't know how to engage the kids, she seemed pretty blunted. So I was "Big Brown Bear", "Silly Mommy", "Giant Elephant", and a host of other characters trying to make my kids show their smile at the same time for the camera. I may have kind of shocked her, I just assume Mommy's can be silly and fun and well that's what it's all about, to get a real smile. We got a few pretty good shots, and one CD to take home, and I have Christmas cards that will be ready tomorrow to start and a Christmas letter to write. Now that taking the picture is over, I'm so glad we did it! I'm also so glad I don't have to get up and do that all over again tomorrow. :)

1 comment:

Christine said...

Oh Shelly, the photos look great!