
We finally visited Auntie Lora who lives in Chicago, and had a wonderful trip. Bill was already attending a medical conference there for the week, and the weather was near perfect, so we drove to the windy city. I was a bit overwhelmed at the thought of packing, driving, and watching the kids in someone else's home, without my sweetie. Then I was so blessed as I was able to have a wonderful girl come with us, as a helper. This spontaneous decision, was a very good idea! She was easygoing, joyful and fun and it made my drive with the kids much less daunting. We enjoyed the hours of farmland on the way over. I had her good company, plus that little bit of help which makes keeping two toddlers safe in a new place much easier. As we drove into the city, I was in complete culture shock. It isn't like any city I've been too before (mostly all West Coast). Driving around the downtown area and seeing places I had only seen through pictures/film was fun. We spent the first day at Navy Pier, taking in tourist attractions on the edge of Lake Michigan. The Bubba Gump Shrimp Shack was yummy, the kids enjoyed the ferris wheel, and the little rides. John and Leesie LOVED riding Thomas the train the most. I was most surprised that Lake Michigan is blue, and looked pretty. The whole city was enjoying blue skies, 70 degrees and really we could not have had a better day.
No comments:
Post a Comment