
Spring is so beautiful, the leaves have come in and it's amazing how pretty it is everywhere. I am thrilled to watch the forest behind us fill with leaves and flowers and the air smell sweet, and feel the warm, damp days, and cool mornings and evenings. I wish it would stay just like this always. It's like a good day with the kids, when everyone is well, laughing, playing, being, and you wish desperately that time could stop. Those moments are wonderful, and then they slip away, and we are hungry and tired and it's time to come home. I wish too I could be forever in spring. I guess it's like wanting the body to stay young or healthy. I want to hold onto what is good, and instead we just are thankful for these fleeting and precious moments.
Coach pitch baseball is beginning in a couple days and Dad and Joseph have been practicing skills (Johnny is starting to try too). We are going to the parks, along with doing nature walks where Joseph is exploring forests and streams and I am drinking in the beauty. The toddlers happily bounce in the jogging stroller, and sing me songs as we go. Auntie Lora decorated Joseph's nature journals and gave him some new inspiration. It's amazing what a nice cover does to boost the artist's enthusiasm. We're grateful she shares her talents with us. Joseph is also giving a presentation tomorrow on the state of Hawaii. He has been learning lots from the net and watching videos, as well as listening to his Dad to help prepare. We have a lot of wonderful books thanks to Grandma Pat for him to bring as well. We are also preparing for a trip to Chicago next week to visit Auntie and catch up with Dad who will be there all week. I'm praying for the energy to manage everything here, the packing, the driving and all, and that everyone is well to go. It will be fun to take a trip and see the city!
No comments:
Post a Comment