We love the Lord and our dear children so much! We strive to give them a childhood filled with His love and grace.


"God has not called me to be successful; he has called me to be faithful. "
Mother Theresa

Friday, October 1, 2010

Funny things they say

Today we were laughing and laughing at all the funny little things Johnny and Leesie say.
One habit we have is when we buy food, I look and make sure a food doesn't have anything hydrogenated in it. It's one of our litmus tests for healthy food. They asked me once what I was checking, and I mentioned this thinking they weren't really listening, as they were tickling each other and teasing each other in their car cart. But they were listening. So now my little ones tried to hand me things like cake mixes at the grocery store (which they're not allowed to do if they want a purchase) and say, "It's good, no hydo-gernated" or many other variances on the word's pronunciation. They recently asked Daddy what is hyrogernated is, and he replied, "it's simply poison for your body." So Leesie was at the store pointing to all sorts of "treats" we don't buy telling everyone around, "they're hydogernated, they're poison, like what the witch gave Snow White"(with great dramatic inflection). Johnny replied, "Yeah, her apple was hydorgonated, right Mommy." I think my face was apple red from laughing.

Then they were up trying on my shoes and Leesie had on my black heels, a basic staple in a Mom's wardrobe. Johnny had on the tan and then the white. Well she looked down at them and stared and frowned and said, "I'm wearing your wicked shoes Mommy. Look at them. Why do you have wicked shoes?" I didn't have an answer right away for that one, but they do have pointed toes. Where that exact thought of hers came from with the low amount of screen time these guys have I'm not sure. I don't think our beautiful picture books have heels on the characters, but I will have to look.

So we rented the Shaggy Dog from the library. Johnny being the funny guy that he is, loved seeing Tim Allen be a dog. So then at dinner he tries to eat his food dog style too, at bath-time he shakes himself off like a dog too, and I think he probably lifted his leg in the bathroom, but I was afraid to ask. He has an amazing ability to take on the characteristics of humorous comical gestures he sees with incredible ease. He loves to be funny, and it's a good thing he really is funny. Sometimes it's hard to get him to be serious. Then while he's doing these gestures, Leesie starts saying, "Order in the court order in the court, did you just growl at the opposing castle?" It's supposed to be "counsel", another line from the movie. What made us laugh is she said it with a thick British accent (not in the movie). We love to have fun with accents around here, but didn't realize she could do it too.

We went to our classical conversations class where the little ones are learning some memory work and the teacher had them play "duck, duck, goose". She referred to the person that walks around and taps people on the head as the "ducker". So the next week she tells them they will play tick-tack-toe (as two large groups they were answering review questions). Well Leesie, the youngest in the class quickly raised her hand and asked, "Can I be the ticker?"  So funny! I wish I could remember them all.  

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That is sooooo funny!! :)
God Bless,
~Mary~