We love the Lord and our dear children so much! We strive to give them a childhood filled with His love and grace.


"God has not called me to be successful; he has called me to be faithful. "
Mother Theresa

Saturday, January 16, 2010

Praying for Haiti

The children and I are praying for Haiti while Daddy works late. Their suffering is just constantly on my heart. Everything I used to think was hard, I can only laugh with embarrassment over. My life is so, so easy compared with real, true suffering. I am trying to teach the children to pray without carrying more than they are able. So after spontaneous prayers during the day, at bedtime, we curled up and prayed the rosary in their room, all snuggled in, just for Haiti. I just wanted to hold everyone close while Daddy was at work. Annelise said, "Are they sad, do they have diamonds? (tears)" "Yes, Leesie, they have lots, and lots of diamonds. They are sad, and they love our prayers." We give, we pray, and we cry for them. I shudder to think without modern means of travel what would be happening to them. It would be even worse than this nightmare they are living. I can't imagine it worse. So we pray and remember to take nothing for granted, life is short, and everything is a gift, a gift to share with others in need. Lord bless and have mercy on the suffering souls in Haiti.

No comments: