I am so very happy that Joseph will have the opportunity to participate in Good Shepherd Catechesis this year. He loved his two+ years in a very special level 1 Atrium with a very special teacher in Washington. Then when two babies came into our lives and we moved across the country we had to give that up for a time. Now the babies are toddlers, ready to be busy and handle a longer day, and we can again make this part of our year. Joseph is now a level II student. This program is combined with additional time in a Montessori classroom as well. I really believe Good Shepherd is such a gift, such a grace from heaven. I am so impressed with the works and the opportunity for reflection and prayer, for true formation of the heart which this program fosters. I don't really know this new Catechist, but I have heard only good things about her. I was impressed to find the Church which offers this has something extra special. They have a level III (10-12) and Level IV Atrium (for teens). I was able to get a tour of the rooms when they were empty this week. I just drank in the maps, the teaching tools, the wonderful atmosphere, the profound peace in the rooms. I found myself wishing I could be a kid and go through the program. I find that a lot in Joseph's childhood, despite the challenges we face (a physician for a father, no close siblings, etc.) he is blessed with a richness of opportunities and books and experiences that I am wishing I had known myself at a young age. He is also so very good, and kind, and thoughtful. He naturally desires to be good, to be virtuous and he knows he is loved. We stopped and thanked him for that this weekend after some exasperation with his siblings, who aren't sure they want to be good, or that good is all that much fun. They love to have fun, but choosing what is good isn't their focus right now. :) We pray hard and we do our best to provide opportunities for our children, to know goodness, to know God, so they can desire that goodness to grow within them, and bring that goodness, that very love of God to others in the world. This program really fosters this and I hope that perhaps one day I can volunteer or even someday be trained in it. Learning to know the Good Shepherd and his love down through the ages is a precious gift I want to have and to pass on.
We love the Lord and our dear children so much! We strive to give them a childhood filled with His love and grace.
Mother Theresa
Sunday, October 4, 2009
Good Shepherd Catechesis
I am so very happy that Joseph will have the opportunity to participate in Good Shepherd Catechesis this year. He loved his two+ years in a very special level 1 Atrium with a very special teacher in Washington. Then when two babies came into our lives and we moved across the country we had to give that up for a time. Now the babies are toddlers, ready to be busy and handle a longer day, and we can again make this part of our year. Joseph is now a level II student. This program is combined with additional time in a Montessori classroom as well. I really believe Good Shepherd is such a gift, such a grace from heaven. I am so impressed with the works and the opportunity for reflection and prayer, for true formation of the heart which this program fosters. I don't really know this new Catechist, but I have heard only good things about her. I was impressed to find the Church which offers this has something extra special. They have a level III (10-12) and Level IV Atrium (for teens). I was able to get a tour of the rooms when they were empty this week. I just drank in the maps, the teaching tools, the wonderful atmosphere, the profound peace in the rooms. I found myself wishing I could be a kid and go through the program. I find that a lot in Joseph's childhood, despite the challenges we face (a physician for a father, no close siblings, etc.) he is blessed with a richness of opportunities and books and experiences that I am wishing I had known myself at a young age. He is also so very good, and kind, and thoughtful. He naturally desires to be good, to be virtuous and he knows he is loved. We stopped and thanked him for that this weekend after some exasperation with his siblings, who aren't sure they want to be good, or that good is all that much fun. They love to have fun, but choosing what is good isn't their focus right now. :) We pray hard and we do our best to provide opportunities for our children, to know goodness, to know God, so they can desire that goodness to grow within them, and bring that goodness, that very love of God to others in the world. This program really fosters this and I hope that perhaps one day I can volunteer or even someday be trained in it. Learning to know the Good Shepherd and his love down through the ages is a precious gift I want to have and to pass on.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment